There’s no shortage of caves to explore within a few hours drive of Cape Town. The Western Cape has many dark gems to explore where you’ll see impressive views, experience the Cape’s long history and rock formations that dazzle you as much as they might inspire the occasional bit of trepidation.
Here are our picks for epic caves to visit near Cape Town.
More from Secret Cape Town see their website:
Read the full article here
When you throw something away – a piece of plastic, tin can, an old battery – where does it go? Do you realise there is no “away”?
And this devastating planet-wide problem of accumulating pollution is not going “away” either.
It’s time to come clean about the effects of our own everyday actions.
Join the Shoprite Group between 14-18 July by joining or hosting a cleanup in your area. Read more about this campaign.
Choose a space / site close to your community that needs some love. Keep in mind:
- Choose a safe area that has access to public transport or parking
- An area with a recognisable landmark is helpful to ensure people find the starting point of the cleanup event on the day
- Remember that if you want to cleanup private land, you need to get permission from the owner
The host should be part of a local network, organisation or business:
- We really want to engage communities and activate a big number of people to join ActForChange
- This helps build trust, reaches a larger audience and provides support leading to a successful cleanup
The host will need to man the event on the day and drive awareness in his / her network
- All hosts are required to count and report back the number of waste bags collected after reach event BECAUSE we need the information in order to substantiate the claim that we really hosted Africa’s biggest cleanup
- Bags + gloves: All volunteers are requested to bring their own bags and gloves, however, should you wish to supply your volunteers with bags, kindly request a voucher that can be redeemed in any Shoprite or Checkers store in South Africa for a roll of Tuffy refuse bags by emailing email@example.com (please note only a limited amount of vouchers are available for this purpose)
- The ActForChange platform will send reminders to all registered volunteers for your event
Please refer to website
Curated content for Chas Everitt Cape Town South